* In May, Sandpoint has the Lost in the ’50s, Annual retro celebration that includes a downtown classic car parade and show, rock 'n' roll concerts at the fairgrounds, and more. Lostinthe50s.org
* If you come out the last weekend in July, Timber's Day is held just a few minutes away in downtown Priest River. The celebration starts Friday night with the Asphalt Angels’ Hot Neon Nights car cruise at 7 p.m. Early Saturday morning the Spartans Adult Booster Club begins a Huckleberry Pancake Breakfast at 6 a.m., followed by the Rotary Club's Run for the Berries fun run. Arts and craft booths open at 10 a.m., the parade begins at 11 a.m. along with the food booths opening at 11 a.m. Logging events and competitions begin at 1 p.m. until 4 p.m., as well as the Asphalt Angels car show at the Junior High School. The Asphalt Angels provide a family dance at Mitchell’s Harvest Foods parking lot beginning at 7 p.m.
* In August Traditional Salish Fair & Pow Wow takes place at the Kalispel Tribe Headquarters in Usk. Tribal dances and crafts all day. www.kalispeltribe.com/pow-wow
* The last weekend in September, Priest River is the host of the Rowing Regatta: Head of the Pend Oreille
* Priest River is a part of the Scenic Drive of the International Selkirk Loop.